Hippie Harvest Tofu Feta Dip
Move over guacamole; Hippie Harvest Tofu Feta Dip may make the play to take your coveted position as the gameday tailgating snack-time favorite! But why choose just one no-cook snack? There’s no need to pick one tasty plant-based vegan, oil-free and gluten-free dip over the other. Heck no; put me down for both! By the way, we call this Hippie Harvest Tofu Feta Dip because it’s one of the most natural, deliciously addicting CHEESY dips you’ll ever eat.
Here’s a quick story about how our gameday snacking recipe for no-cook Hippie Harvest Tofu Feta Dip was born. It all started when Mike (my talented son and VEEG co-founder) and I made a list of favorite snack foods. We soon realized that our favorites have loads of mouth-watering flavor. Well, the flavor is a good thing in a recipe, right? Unfortunately, terrific tastes often come loaded with health defeating amounts of fat and sugar. So, that’s when we decided to call a timeout and rethink the whole gameday snack situation.
So here’s where rethinking game-watching snacks led us. We’ve created a munchie that is not only deliciously satisfying but nutritionally smart, too! You can enjoy seconds and thirds of Hippie Harvest Tofu Feta Dip without feeling a freaking shred of guilt! Furthermore, when you dive into this dip, you’ll even BOOST your intake of valuable nutrients. What we’ve landed on here is a game-changer. This snack is, dare I say it, GOOD FOR YOU and that makes it a clear winner in the snacking arena!
Protein-packed Dairy-Free Tofu Feta Cheese sets the bar high when it comes to flavor-packed nutrients, and it is the base ingredient in Hippie Harvest Tofu Feta Dip. And making your own, somewhat addicting, Tofu Feta is as simple as one, two, three! Just take the organic, non-GMO tofu out of the package, rinse and drain. Next, slice the tofu into cubes. Finally, mix the zesty marinade, soak the tofu cubes in the marinade, cover and refrigerate. You can let it marinate for days to intensify the flavor, but it tastes incredible within minutes – no kidding! (Just click the link for complete instructions on how to make the easy tofu feta.) Tofu Feta is an entirely dairy-free cheese recipe that’s ridiculously easy, and so flavor-filled that it’s hard to stop eating!
A Few Words About Non-GMO and Organic Tofu and Produce:
- To avoid ingesting harmful pesticides, use only organic non-GMO tofu. We also opt to use organic corn, green onions, and beans in this recipe. Whenever possible, we choose to eat organic to avoid toxins.
- Buying frozen organic produce is often more cost-efficient than purchasing fresh organic food, and it is just as nutritious.
- Frozen fruits and vegetables are sometimes more nutritious than fresh! Frozen organic produce is usually frozen so quickly after picking that they retain more nutrients than fresh food that has been stored and traveled for days before reaching the local grocer.
- Tofu, despite the many misconceptions floating around via the murky waters of social media, offers many nutritional benefits including protein. And according to this study, may even have cognitive benefits by providing some preventative measures in diseases like dementia.
Preparing the rest of the ingredients for your first batch of Hippie Harvest Tofu Feta Dip is easy. Yous simply open a can of beans, thaw some sweet corn kernels, chop the green onion and garlic. And if you can find organic versions of these ingredients, I promise you it is worth every extra cent.
This dip tastes fantastic with your favorite store-bought corn chips or serves it with some homebaked oil-free tortilla chips! It fabulous alongside a pile of guacamole or piled high as a side with tacos. It’s cheesy, tangy, crunchy, chewy and just a wee bit sweet, thanks to the corn! You could use Hippie Harvest Tofu Feta Dip as the filling for a delicious taco, burrito, or taco salad. There are so many options when it comes to ways to enjoy this dip; the possibilities are endless!
Now, get that tofu marinading and let the snacking fun and games begin! And don’t forget to Pin this recipe for safe keeping and share it with friends so they can enjoy some healthier munching, too!
Hippie Harvest Tofu Feta Dip
- 0Cook Time:
- Yield: 12 Servings
Our no-cook Hippie Harvest Tofu Feta Dip is so tasty and yet so easy to make, it’s ridiculous! It all starts with our addictively cheesy, easy-peasy homemade Dairy-Free Tofu Feta Cheese. Black beans, sweet corn, garlic, and green onions round it out for a fresh snacking sensation your friends will rave about forever! Scoop it up with baked tortilla chips for an appetizer, or add it to tacos, burritos or even as an unexpected topping on a bowl of fluffy rice! Oh, and it makes for a beautiful taco salad, too. I like to keep a few jars of Hippie Harvest Tofu Feta Dip in the fridge to create all the dishes described on demand… now that’s a handy idea! This recipe makes about six generous cups or so of dip, so, there’s always plenty to share.
- two cans of black beans rinsed and drained - We buy this brand in bulk to save money.
- 2 to 3 green onions, green parts and a bit of the white ends, too, about 1/4 cup total
- 12 oz package or about 2 cups of corn, drained - Frozen organic non-GMO corn works well in this recipe.
- pink Himalayan salt to taste, or another salt - We like this brand purchased in bulk to use in all of our dishes and save money.
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- one batch of our irresistible Dairy-Free Tofu Feta Cheese
- Begin by putting the frozen corn in a colander, rinsing and setting it aside to allow it to drain.
- Next, whip up a quick and easy batch of delicious Dairy-Free Tofu Feta Cheese. You can make this ahead if you'd like or use it in this dip right as soon as you finish making it. Either way, it tastes fantastic! When I plan on using my tofu feta in this recipe, I make it in a large mixing bowl, so I have room to add the rest of the lovely dip ingredients.
- As the tofu feta flavors marry, rinse and drain the black beans, and chop the green onions and garlic. Add all of these ingredients, plus the thawed corn to the bowl of tofu feta, and stir gently to combine.
- For your gameday pleasure, serve Hippie Harvest Tofu Feta Dip with tortilla chips of your choosing!
- For a quick and easy oil-free tortilla chip option preheat the oven to 350º Farenhight and bake sliced corn tortillas until crispy but not burned. It usually only takes a few minutes for the tortillas to crisp up!
- Total Fat 2.3 g 3 %
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g 1 %
- Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
- Sodium 148.1 mg 6 %
- Carbohydrates 19.1 g 6 %
- Fiber 4.7 g 19 %
- Sugar 1.9 g ---
- Protein 7.8 g 16 %
- Vitamin A 2 %
- Vitamin C 8 %
- Iron 10 %
- Calcium 9 %